Thursday, June 16, 2011

Things are good.

Hi Everyone,

I just posted a couple of days ago but since we went to the doctor this week, I wanted to get you up to speed on what’s going on.

First and most important is that Kristi is doing great. Her blood pressure is down since last week and she lost the excess weight she had gained. Additionally her protein level is the same as last week and has not risen. All of these results point to Kristi improving since last week thus leading the doctor to be more optimistic about making it to July. We’re still on a week by week basis but we’re keeping our fingers crossed. The longer the babies stay in the better. With that said however, we’re still at most three weeks away from meeting Mackenzie and Nathaniel. I can’t wait!

In addition to the regular doctor’s appointment we also had another measurement ultrasound—probably our last one. We found Mackenzie now weighs an estimated 5 lbs 2 oz and Nathaniel weighs 5 lbs 8 oz. With both babies over 5 lbs and hitting 34 weeks tomorrow, the kids could come anytime and be great. I can’t tell you what a great feeling it is that the babies will likely be born healthy (and ready to help with the household chores).

Both kids are moving around almost all the time now. Kristi said it feels as if they’re doing water aerobics. I put my hands on Kristi’s belly last night and Nathaniel kicked me. So I put my hand over Mackenzie and she kicked me also. Apparently they’re already learning bad habits from each other. We’re going to have to deal with that when they’re born.

I don’t have any additional pictures of Kristi just yet so to add some visual interest to the blog I’ll just post this.




I hope you all have a great weekend. I’ll post more next week.

Dr. Daddy

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay! So glad to hear that everything is still going well. Tell Kristi to work on being lazy! It's summer vacation and she needs to enjoy it.

Roxanne Hodges said...

Hey there!
I just found the link to this blog on your Facebook so I've just read through a bunch of posts. I'm so glad you FOUR are doing so well!
Send y'all warm wishes!
Roxanne