Thursday, June 23, 2011

Things Are Getting Hard

So I’m thinking this pregnancy is starting to get kind of hard for Kristi. There were two events which really drove this home. Last Saturday, when she got out of bed, she walked to the bathroom and from the other room I heard her say to nobody, “I’m ready to evict these squatters!” 

The next was that evening. Kristi was going to have some peaches and ice cream after dinner. She cut up the peaches and put them in a bowl but the ice cream was too hard to scoop out so she asked me to do it. I dutifully scooped out three scoops of ice cream and put them on the peaches. I then handed the bowl to Kristi with a smile on my face. To my surprise, I was greeted with a look of disparagement. Our eyes met and we stood, staring.  After what seemed like hours she said, “I’ll let you know when I’m on a diet.”

 “More?”

“Uh huh.”

I actually knew before that tense moment that Kristi was finding it hard to do her daily things. Her feet, ankles, hands and fingers have swollen quite a bit over the last few weeks. Just to show you how much her hands have swollen, here is a picture of her wearing her wedding ring.



She has also been a bit down about not being able to do much around the house. I was cleaning last week and she mentioned that it was no fun sitting around watching me clean (yeah, I think maybe she’s lost it too).  Anyway, I told her just to pretend that she was on a cruise ship. To help make her feel like she was on vacation I made my first towel animal. What do you think?



In case you can’t figure it out, it’s a snake.

The reason I was cleaning was that Kristi’s father came to stay with us for a bit this week. Here is a picture of Kristi with her dad.



And, so you can get the full Kristi for the week, here is just Kristi.



We went to the doctor Tuesday. Things are still going good. Kristi’s blood pressure is good, her weight is a bit elevated but not too bad and her protein count is holding steady. This means, no babies this week. We go back tomorrow for a check-up. I’ll let you know.

Thanks for checking in this week. Have a great weekend.

Dr. Daddy

No comments: